There may be situations where you need to apply additional fees to the purchase if certain conditions are met. For this, you would want to utilize Multi Fees.
In order to use Multi Fees you will first need to enable them by going to SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION > SITEBIZ > MULTI FEES.
From here, you will need to set Enable Cart Fees, Enable Payment Fees, and Enable Shipping Fees to "Yes". Then you will need to click Save Config at the top right.
After these have been enabled, you can create your first Multi Fee by navigating to SALES > MULTI FEES and click Add Fee.
This page will bring you to the Fee Information page so that you can begin naming your fee, and get it set up. Here you will be able to adjust the following:
- Fee Name
- Fee Type
- (Shipping, Cart, or Payment)
- (Yes or No)
- Sort Order
- (Active or Inactive)
- Customer Groups
- Tax Class
- (Taxable Goods will generally be the chosen option here.)
- Enable Customer Message
- (Yes or No)
- Customer Message Title
- Enable Date Field
- (Yes or No)
- Date Field Time
In this example, we will create a Shipping Fee for orders being shipped to Texas.
Once you've completed the fields required for this page, you can then move on to set the conditions in which this fee is applied using the Conditions tab.
Here you can choose the conditions in which the fee is applied, and what shipping methods the rule is applied to. When clicking the plus sign, you should then be presented with the following condition options:
For this example, we are going to choose Shipping State/Province. Then we are going to choose is and select the state of Texas. We are going to leave the shipping methods unselected, so that this fee is applied to all shipping methods.
Now that we have set our fee conditions, we must set the options in the Options tab. Here you will see the following options:
- Input Type
- Dropdown - Fee is selected as a dropdown option
- Radio -
- Checkbox - Customer must confirm the fee by clicking the Checkbox
- Hidden - Fee is applied, but customer not informed
- Notice - Simply a message to notify the customer of the fee.
- One Time
- Yes/No - Is this fee only applied once per order
- Apply Fee To (percent price type only)
- Subtotal - Applies percentage fee based on the Subtotal amount
- Shipping & Handling - Applies percentage fee based on the Shipping & Handling amount
- Tax - Applies percentage fee based on the Tax amount
- Admin - The option label will display
- Default Store View - Leave blank
- Price - Amount to charge (fixed or percentage)
- Price Type - How the price is calculated
- Fixed - A fixed amount to charge
- Percent - Amount charged is based on a percentage
- Position - Fee position in relation to other existing Multi Fees
For this example, we are going to apply a fixed dollar amount charge of $5 that is a Notice to the customer. Here is what that would look like:
Lastly, you can set labels to identify the option when presented to a user on the front end or back end:
Once you've finished creating your Multi Fee, you will want to click Save at the top right. Then you will want to test your checkout to ensure that the multi fee is being applied as you'd expect.
Now you'll want to flush cache and reindex if necessary:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please submit a support ticket.