Upselling products is an effective way to generate more sales for your online store. There are a few features that allow you to do this (see Upselling Products), but Sold Together Pro offers a couple more-
- Frequently Bought Together- Frequently Bought Together items are also meant to be purchased in addition to the item the customer is viewing.
- Customer's Who Bought This Item Also Bought- These are items that can be purchased with or instead of the item the customer is viewing. It may be accessories for that item or an item similar to the one the customer is viewing that they may rather purchase instead.
To configure Sold Together Pro settings, navigate SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION, scroll to the Sitebiz tab on the left-hand, and select Sold Together Pro.
Expand the Enabled tab.
Here you can configure the settings to:
- Enable Sold Together Pro- This has to be set to "Yes" in order for these options to show up on the front-end of your website.
- List Random Products for Empty Collections- If you don't have any products related to one another, this will generate a list of random products to fill the space and still offer products to up or cross-sell.
- Show Out of Stock Items- It is suggested not to show out of stock products unless you allow backorders to be placed or you have enabled the option for customers to choose to get notified when the item comes back in stock.
The reindex options can be configured based on your personal preferences.
Now you can expand the Frequently Bought Together tab and Customer Bought Together tab.
This is where you will configure specific settings per each feature.
- Enabled- You can choose to enable one or both of these features. Only the feature(s) that are enabled will display to customers on product pages.
- Count Products to Display- This determines how many products will be shown at one given time when a customer is on the product page. If you have more than 4 items related to a product, the system will randomly cycle through those items.
- Count Columns to Display- This determines how many columns will be used to display these items.
- Show Add to Cart Checkboxes- Allows customers to add the product to their cart directly from the Frequently Bought Together or Customers Also Bought section.
- Enabled Amazone Style- This determines how all the items are displayed.
- See examples below:
Lastly, expand the Suggest Page tab.
Here you will simply configure which feature will show on the front-end, if not both.
Now that you have configured the initial settings, Save.
Now you'll need to flush cache and reindex:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.
To learn more about cross-selling and upselling, view the Up-selling Products article.