The Magento Affiliate extension allows you to organize automated advertising campaigns that will help promote your products or services round the clock. The charm of Magento Affiliate is that it allows you to build a team of sales reps which use their visitors and opt-in lists to advertise your products and services. You don’t have to pay them anything until they make a profit for you.
Once the extension is installed, you will need to configure the settings.
Navigate ADD-ONS > AFFILIATE PROGRAM > SETTINGS.
Expand the General tab and configure the settings.
Rewrite Affiliate Cookie:
- Yes- is selected in the Rewrite affiliate cookie field, another affiliate is paid when the customer follows the link.
- No- is selected in the Rewrite affiliate cookie field, another affiliate is not paid when the customer follows the link to the same store as the first affiliate promoted.
- Define whether to include tax amount in the earning calculation or not.
Create Affiliate Accounts Automatically For Groups:
- Specify for which customer groups affiliate accounts with automatically be created for.
Delete All Transactions and Withdrawals
- Only select this button when you want to set all affiliates' to ZERO.
If you'd like to receive notifications about new withdrawal requests, you can edit those settings here.
Send Email To:
- Specify an email address where all notifications about new withdrawal requests will be sent to.
- Specify the sender of emails notifying about the new withdrawal requests.
The three templates are placed by default.
This setting defines when affiliates are able to withdrawal.
Minimum Amount to Withdrawal:
- Define the minimum amount of the available affiliates' balance to make them able to request withdrawals.
Commissions Holding Period:
- Specify the number of days after the order placing that the affiliate will not be able to withdrawal.
Now you'll need to flush the cache:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.