The Magento Affiliate add-on allows you to create a base of affiliates who will promote your products over the internet. You pay the affiliate based on a conversion of sales. If a customer follows an affiliates' link to your website and makes a purchase in accordance with the rules of your campaign, the affiliate is paid.
Navigate to Magento Affiliate > Manage Affiliates.
From the Manage Affiliates page, you have the options to View Customer, Edit, or Delete the affiliate.
You can also Change Status by selecting the Change Status option and specifying the Status you would like to change the selected affiliates too.
Creating a New Affiliate
From the Manage Affiliates page, click Add New and select the customer you wish to add as an affiliate.
In the General Information tab, set the Status to Active and Save Affiliate.
Now that the affiliate is saved, you can click back into the customer from the Manage Affiliates page and you will see new information on the General tab:
- Available Commissions- Shows the total commissions currently available for withdrawal.
- Pending Commissions- Shows the amount of commissions that have been earned but are not available for redeeming yet.
- Lifetime Commissions- Shows the full amount of earnings during the affiliates lifetime.
When a new affiliate is created, the Affiliate Program tab will be added to the customer's account page where this information is displayed for the customer.
You will also notice a new tab labeled Balance.
Here you can see the affiliates balance, view all transactions and withdrawals, and manually perform a transaction to add commissions to an affiliates account.
You can manually add transactions to an affiliates account by:
- Specifying the amount of the transaction.
- Selecting which campaign the transaction is related to
- You can add additional comments if necessary.
- Save Affiliate.
Once you have your desired affiliates in order, you can Create a Campaign and your affiliates can begin advertising and earn commissions.