With the Affiliate add-on, you have the ability to create advertising campaigns that will help you to promote your products and/or services. This isn't a campaign that will be sent out to customers, but a campaign to help motivate affiliates.
*NOTE - Before setting up Affiliates or Affiliate Campaigns you will need to have the module installed. If you've not yet had this module installed or are not sure, please submit a support ticket.
**Before you create a campaign, make sure you have customers that are apart of your affiliate program. If you're unsure which customers are associated with your affiliate program, go to Manage Affiliates.(Add-ons > Affiliate Program > Manage Affiliates)
Navigate to Add-ons > Affiliate Program > Campaigns.
To add a new campaign, click Add New.
Here you will enter the basic information for the campaign:
- Name- Title of the campaign
- Store- Specify which store the campaign will be available at.
- Active From & Active To- Set the dates you would like the campaign to begin and end on.
- Status- Set to Active.
- Customer Groups- Select customer group(s) of affiliates who can access the campaign.
- Description- Enter a description of the campaign. (Optional)
Proceed to set up the Rates.
In this tab, you will specify the way the affiliates are paid.
If you define the Fixed Percent Rate or Fixed Amount (base currency) option, you should specify the amount or the percent which will be paid to affiliate per each earning.
If you define Tier Percent Rate or Tier Amount (base currency):
- Specify the calculation type: Last Month or All Time.
Click Add Tier.
- Specify the Amount of the earning.
- Choose the Customer Group of affiliates that can access the campaign.
- Define the Amount or Percent which will be paid to the affiliate.
- Click Save and Continue to Edit.
In the Conditions tab, you can set your affiliate campaign based on a set of rules. For example, you can have conditions that require your affiliates to advertise only products from a certain category. If you do not set conditions, the campaign will be applied to all products.
Now you will need to flush your cache and reindex:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.