Publishing a regular newsletter is considered to be one of the most powerful and affordable marketing tools. Store administrators are given all of the tools necessary to promote your newsletter, development content, manage your list of subscribers and to publish and distribute newsletters to the customers who register to receive them.
How do I get started?
The first step in creating your newsletter is to configure the newsletter settings for your site.
Navigate System > Configuration
Then in the left-hand navigation under the Customers panel, select Newsletter and click to expand Subscription Options.
Here you will find the settings that allow customers the opportunity to subscribe to your newsletter.
Now do the following:
- Select "Yes" in Allow Guest Subscription if you would like to allow customers who are not registered with your site the opportunity to still be able to receive your newsletter. You may select "No" if you would only like your registered customers to receive newsletters.
- To require customers to double-opt-in to confirm their subscription, set Need to Confirm field to "Yes". This requires people to confirm their subscription twice by sending a confirmation link by email. This technique reduces the number of customers that might see your newsletter as spam.
- Confirm the email templates and senders of the following email messages sent to subscribers.
- Confirmation template and Confirmation Email Sender
- Success Email template and Success Email Sender
- Unsubscription Email template and Unsubscription Email Sender
These emails are the emails linked to your store's contact information, located in System > Configuration, under Store Email Addresses in the General section of the left-hand navigation column.
Now that you have configured your newsletter settings, it's time to Create a Template.