The Sitebiz platform allows you to import mass amounts of products at one time. This eliminates the stress of creating products one at a time. To begin this you will navigate to CATALOG > IMPORT/EXPORT > IMPORT.
Here you will see the following:
Set ENTITY TYPE to one of the following:
Set IMPORT BEHAVIOR to the way you want complex data to be managed if imported records already exist in the database.
- Complex data for products include categories, websites, custom options, tier prices, related products, up-sells, cross-sells, and associated products data.
- Complex data for customers include addresses.
Choose one of the following options:
- APPEND COMPLEX DATA - The new complex data will be added to the existing complex data for the existing entries in the database.
- REPLACE EXISTING COMPLEX DATA - The existing complex data for the existing entities will be replaced.
- DELETE ENTITIES - If entities that are imported already exist in the database, they will be deleted from the database.
At the SELECT FILE TO IMPORT field, click the CHOOSE FILE button. Then, select the CSV file that you have prepared for import.
Click the CHECK DATA button in the upper-right corner of the page. The system validates the file. If the file is valid, the corresponding message and the Import button appear. If some of the rows in the imported file are not valid and cannot be imported, the corresponding information is included in the message, but you can proceed with importing. The invalid rows will be skipped.
If needed make corrections to the CSV file.
Click the IMPORT button to import the data into the database.
The Data Needed For Your CSV Spreadsheet
The Sitebiz platform takes in the variables provided in the first row. This tells Sitebiz to send the information below the first row to the designated area.
Basic Variables for Product Uploads:
- Name - Product name
- SKU - Product sku
- Description - The description that shows on front-end
- Short Description - The description that shows on front-end
- Weight - Product weight. Based on pounds
- Price - Product price
- _attribute_set - Recommended setting is "Default"
- _type - Most products will be "simple"
- _product_websites - Must be set to "base"
- status - Must be set to "1"
- tax_class_id - Must be set to "2"
- visibility - Must be set to "4"
- qty - The total of stock for the product
- _category - Will have the directory. Ex. Firearms/pistols/used
- _root_category - Must be set to "Default Category"
- warehouse - Your shipping warehouse (usually default warehouse)
- image - Must be set to "media/wysiwyg/product_image/your_product_here.jpg
- small_image - Must be set to "media/wysiwyg/product_image/your_product_here.jpg
- thumbnail - Must be set to "media/wysiwyg/product_image/your_product_here.jpg
- _media_image - Must be set to "media/wysiwyg/product_image/your_product_here.jpg
- _media_lable - Must be set to "image"
- _media_position - Must be set to "1"
- _media_is_disabled - Must be set to "0"
- _media_attribute_id - Must be set to "88"
Uploading your product images
The last step in this process is to upload your product images into the system, connecting the image directory placed in the spreadsheet with the actual image.
First, navigate to CMS > PAGES > MANAGE CONTENT
Next, you will need to make sure you are on HOME (ID:1) and click the Content tab.
Then click Insert Image.
Here you will upload all of your product images.
Now that you have uploaded all product images, you are able to import safely.
Once everything is imported, you will need to flush cache and reindex.
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please submit a support ticket.