Navigation within GSEcommerce is made to be as user-friendly as possible and extremely flexible to meet the needs of each individual store.
This will help you :
- Quickly change the look and structure of your store without hiring developers.
- Get the direct access to the navigation features and settings.
- Simplify store navigation update process.
- Direct your customers to the pages you want.
With proper navigation structure, users can successfully deal with categories of products that will increase sales in your store.
To begin, navigate to SITEBIZ > NAVIGATION PRO.
Now that you are here, we will go over each field and explain thoroughly each section.
To the left of the screen, you'll see NAVIGATION as shown below :
The category tree in the left column allows you to create new navigation trees. There are 3 predefined positions to show navigation. The TOP position is enabled by default. This represents the navigation bar sprawled horizontally across the top of the page. The LEFT and RIGHT position must be enabled in system configuration if you desire to use it. These two positions represent navigation bars placed in a left or right column presented vertically on the page.
Click add Menu. Here you will see the following under the GENERAL INFORMATION tab :
- Name - allows you to change or set a navigation menu item.
- Status - allows you to disable or enable menu items.
- Level per drop-down - allows you to set a number of child categories to be shown at the same time.
- Style - allows you to select either accordion or drop-down menu style.
Sub-Menu Global Information
- Type - allows you to select the type of content to be shown. The possible values are Subcategories, Widgets, or Plain HTML.
- Title - allows you to display the title for the current menu.
- Style - allows you to choose the display style of the sub-menu items. The possible values are drop-down and accordion.
- Levels Per Drop-down - allows you to set the number of subcategories levels per drop-down.
- Width, px - (This is per column for subcategories) allows you to set the width of columns for subcategories type.
- Columns Count - allows you to select the number of columns used to display subcategories.
- Items Direction - Allows you choose the direction flow of your navigation bar. Either Horizontal or Vertical.
- Sort Order - allows you to regulate the sort order for the columns.
- Status - allows you to enable or disable the current menu item.
- CSS Class and Styles - allows you to customize the menu with external or inline styles, and even assign custom styles to them.
Next, we will look at changing current navigation. For learning purposes, we will use the TOP position. After opening TOP in the navigation tree select one of the categories here. You will see the following :
- Status - allows you to enable or disable this menu item.
Siblings is an additional menu setting which displays blocks with information on both sides of the menu and submenu items. This interface can be used for creating new drop-down menus.
- Content - allows you to edit the content of siblings.
- Drop-down content - allows you to edit the drop-down siblings' content.
- Sort Order - allows you to regulate the order for sibling columns.
- Status - allows you to enable or disable availability of siblings.
- Drop-down CSS styles - allows you to set drop-down style according to your needs.
The interface, "Drop-Down Content", allows you to place custom content at the bottom and the top part of the drop-down window. You can set banners, videos, and custom product listings here.
- Drop-down top content - allows you to edit the content to be shown in the top part of the drop-down window.
- Drop-down bottom content - allows you to edit the content to be shown in the bottom part of the drop-down window.
Using this interface allows you to create columns with any type of content. Select the mode "Custom", then you can completely control the creation process by yourself.
- Mode - allows you to choose the mode using the menu.
- Use Root Menu Preferences - by selecting this, drop-down columns will be taken from the menu where the category is edited.
- Use Parent Menu Preferences - by selecting this, drop-down columns will be taken from the current category menu.
- Custom - by selecting this, you may set drop-down columns by yourself.
Now you'll want to flush cache and reindex if necessary:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.
If you have any other questions or concerns, please submit a support ticket.