In this article, we will be going over all usages of email addresses within the back-end of your website.
Store Email Addresses
The place we will be visiting is the general configuration of store email addresses. Begin by navigating to SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION
Next, look towards the navigation on the left side of the screen. Navigate to GENERAL > STORE EMAIL ADDRESSES
Once here you'll see the following :
Before you can configure email addresses for the store, each must be set up as a valid email address for your domain. Follow the instructions from your server administrator or email hosting provider to create the email address you need.
In the Sender Name field, type the name of the person that you want to appear as the sender of all email messages that are associated with the General Contact, Sales Representative, or Customer Support. The Customer Registration Notification portion of it refers to the emails you send to the customer automatically after each customer registration.
Once set, click "SAVE CONFIG" to save.
The next place we will be visiting is the general configuration of sales emails. Stay within SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION. Once again look towards the navigation on the left side of the screen. Here you will navigate to SALES > SALES EMAILS.
Here you will find various drop-downs to be configured.
In order to explain the many fields and what they do, we will use the ORDER drop-down for this example.
- Enabled - When enabled, sends a transactional email for each order placed. Options: YES/NO.
- New Order Confirmation Email Sender - Identifies the store contact that appears as the message sender. Default value: Sales Representative.
- New Order Confirmation Template - Determines the template that is sent to confirm new orders placed by customers. Default template: New Order.
- New Order Confirmation Template for Guest - Determines the template that is sent to confirm new orders placed by guests. Default Template: New Order for Guest.
- Send Order Email Copy To - Provides the email address for anyone to receive a copy of an order email. Separate multiple addresses with a comma.
- Send Order Email Copy Method - Indicates the email method used to send the copy.
- Bcc - Sends a blind courtesy copy by including the recipient in the header of the same email that is sent to the customer. The Bcc recipient is not visible to the customer.
- Separate Email - Sends the copy as a separate email.
To get to contacts, use the left-hand navigation bar within the SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION and navigate to GENERAL > CONTACTS
Here you'll see two drop-downs; Contact us and Email options
- Enable Contact Us - Enables the Contact Us page, and places a link in the footer.
- Sends Emails To - Identifies the email address that receives all response from the Contact Us page.
- Email Sender - Identifies the email identity that is used for all responses to email inquiries from the Contact Us page.
- Options Include:
- General Contact
- Sales Representative
- Customer Support
- Custom Email 1
- Custom Email 2
- Options Include:
- Email Template - Specifies the template to be used as the basis of all responses to email inquiries from the Contact Us page. Default template: Contact Form.