Offering free shipping on when a customer has more than a set subtotal in the cart is a great marketing tool. "Free Shipping," on all orders over, for example, $99. How and what do we do in this instance? Let's get started.
Step 1. Navigate to MARKETING > DISCOUNTS > SHOPPING CART
Click ADD NEW RULE
You'll start off in General Information.
Let's define what's here:
- Rule name: This allows you to name and identify the rule for later use
- Status: At any point, this will allow you to activate or deactivate the rule at any time.
- Customer groups: Here you can select multiple groups you desire this rule to affect.
- To learn how to create customer groups see Creating a Customer Group
- Coupon: You use anything for the coupon. If you would like to set a coupon code, click the drop-down and select SPECIFIC COUPON. Underneath a field named Coupon Code will appear. Here is where you can enter the code.
- Uses per Customer: You may want to limit the number of times a customer may use a coupon. Determine the use amount here.
Step 2. Navigate to CONDITIONS on the left side of the site.
Here you'll see the screen below
You can begin setting the conditions by clicking the green button containing a, "+" sign.
Select Subtotal as seen above. The word "is" and "..." is selectable.
Go ahead and set this as needed. For the purpose of this tutorial, mimic the image below.
Step 3. Navigate to ACTIONS on the left-hand side.
Here you will see the following:
Within the APPLY field drop-down, you'll see the listings:
- Percent of product price discount: Reduces the product price by the specified amount as a percentage of the product's price.
- Fixed amount discount: Subtracts the amount from the product price, such as 10 dollars off.
- Fixed amount discount for whole cart: Applies a fixed discount to the entire cart, not just selected products.
- Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y): It gives you a neat feature, allowing you to provide customers with a free product with the purchase of a qualifying product.
For this tutorial, please select "Fixed amount discount for whole cart"
Within "DISCOUNT" enter the discount amount that you desire.
Within "APPLY TO SHIPPING AMOUNT" select "YES."
Within "FREE SHIPPING" select "FOR MATCHING ITEMS ONLY."
Lastly, select "NO" for "STOP FURTHER RULES PROCESSING."
Once done, click save and you're all done.