To navigate to Inventory Stock Options you will first navigate to SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION on the top navigation bar.
From here, on the left navigation bar, navigate to CATALOG > INVENTORY.
Here you will see two drop downs : Stock Options and Product Stock Options.
Decrease Stock When Order is Placed
- Enable/disable the total amount of stock shown on website when order is placed.
Set Items' Status to be in Stock When Order is Cancelled
- Allows the stocked product value to return to its' original amount once order is cancelled.
Display Out of Stock Products
- Allows products to show to customer even if out-of-stock.
Only X left Treshold
- This controls when to show an exact inventory level of all items below the value set in this field.
For example : If set to 10, the website will show available product remaining from 10 till 1.
Display products availability in stock in the frontend
- Allows the store view to show "Availability: In stock / Out of stock".