Tier pricing lets you offer a quantity discount from the catalog list and product detail pages. The discount can be applied to a specific store view or customer group.
When tier pricing is used, the price is displayed in an advertising manner on the front-end of your website.
From the catalog page, the price will include the words "As low as..." followed by the price.
On the product listing page, the pricing will be displayed as the calculated quantity discount message:
How do tier prices work?
The prices on the storefront take precedence from the highest to the lowest quantity. For example, if you have a tier for the quantity of 5 and one for the quantity of 10 and a customer adds 5-9 items in their cart, they will receive the tier pricing based on the quantity of 5. The minute the customer adds the 10th item into the cart, they will receive the tier pricing configured for the quantity of 10.
Display a Tier Price
Navigate to Catalog > Manage Products and select the product you wish to apply tier pricing too and select the Pricing tab on the left-hand side.
In the Tier Price section, click Add New Tier.
- Customer Group- Select which customer group you want the tier pricing to apply to.
- If you want to apply tier pricing to multiple groups, create multiple tiers. Each with the same quantity, discounts may vary or remain the same.
- Qty- Define the quantity of the product that the customer has to purchase in order to activate the tier pricing.
- Price/Discount- Enter the amount of the discount, whether it be a percentage or a fixed price.
- Type- Define how the discount will be calculated, either by percentage or a fixed price.
When complete, Save the product.