Adding your own products to your store is fairly simple.
Navigate to CATALOG > MANAGE PRODUCTS
- Select: Add Product
- Attribute Set: Default
- Product type: Simple Product
- Click Continue
The next step will be to fill out all the required settings for your new product.
- Short Description
- Status – Enabled
- URL Key – Will automatically generate when the product is saved.
- Visibility – Catalog, Search
- Price - Enter product price
- Tax class – choose taxable goods
- Add Image to your product - Make sure you assign the Base Image, Small Image, and Thumbnail to the image you uploaded.
- Select Warehouse - Default
- Qty – Set quantity
- Stock Availability- Change to In stock
- Checkmark appropriate categories
Once you're done adding products you'll need to clear cache and reindex your site.
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT.
Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT.
Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.
**Depending on the number of products imported into your site, re-indexing can take several minutes to complete.