Search engines take into account how many times your website has been updated and the frequency of those updates. A simple way to update your site often is by updating and adding photos to your sliding banners, perhaps to match the current hunting or sports seasons.
To edit your banners, navigate to CMS > EASY SLIDE.
This will bring you to a list of pages that contain sliding banners. Select the page you wish to edit or add banners too.
Under the General tab, you will enter some basic information:
- Title- Whatever title you feel is suiting.
- Identifier- Must be all lowercase letters with no spaces.
- Select slider typer- Nivo slider
- Enable the slider.
Under the General tab, you can edit the Nivo Slider Options.
You can choose a theme:
The effect, or animation, for the slide:
If you selected a slice or box theme, you can further edit that animation:
You can now configure the rest of the settings for how the banner will interact with the website and customers:
- Slide Transition Speed- The speed that the slide will transition into the next slide.
- How long each slide will show- The duration of time the banner stays on the screen.
- Next & Prev Navigation- Show navigation options for customers to flip through sliding banners.
- Use thumbnails for Control Nav- Use thumbnails of the next or previous slides as the customer navigatates through the slides.
- Stop animation while hovering- When a customer moves their mouse over the sliding banner, the banner will cease animation, providing customers time to read or click on links provided in the banners.
- Autoglide- Banner will transition according to speed entered above. If set to 'No' banners will only transition when clicked.
Save and Continue to Edit.
At the top left-hand side of the screen, select Slides under Slider information.
This is where you can upload or edit the slide images.
- Entering a Title for the slide
- Choosing the Image you want to use.
- The image file should be approximately 1920x596 if you have a banner spanning across the whole page.
- Adding a Link to the page you wish to redirect customers to when the slide is clicked
- This Link will be a URL Key connected to a category or product page or a page from the CMS section of your website.
- Enter a Description of the slide.
- This is useful when a slide is connected to a specific page or promotion on your website. Having a description is also good for SEO.
Choose an option for when the banner is clicked:
- Open Link In:
Choose a position as the starting point of the banners effect/ animation:
- Desc Position:
Choose a theme to cover the empty space during slide transitions:
- Desc Background:
Enter a numeric value to determine the order of the slides, and make sure the slides you want to be displayed are Enabled.
Your slides are now ready, and you can Save Slider.
System > Cache Management