Creating URL redirects from your old website to your new website is simple, but you must know what the paths are before you begin the setup of the redirects.
**The “Request Path” is the old URL, and the “ID Path” and “Target Path” are the new URL
Navigate to SEO > URL REWRITE MANAGEMENT
In the upper right hand corner, click "Add URL Rewrite"
Since this is a redirect from an old site and not your current CMS you will want to select "Custom" under the Create URL rewrite dropdown.
Under "URL Rewrite Information" enter the following:
- Type: Custom
- ID Path: my-new-product-url
- Request Path: my-old-product-url
- Target Path: my-new-product-url
- Redirect: Select Permanent (301) or Temporary (302) -- Depending on type of redirect you are creating.
- Description: Write a brief description for reference.
Once you have saved the new URL redirect you will have to reindex the site for the changes to be applied immediately.
Now you'll need to flush cache and reindex:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT Select the Catalog URL Rewrites Index and click Submit.