Creating URL redirects from your old website to your new website is simple, but you must know what the paths are before you begin the setup of the redirects.
**The “Request Path” is the old URL, and the “ID Path” and “Target Path” are the new URL
Navigate to CATALOG > URL REWRITE MANAGEMENT
In the upper right hand corner, click "Add URL Rewrite"
Since this is a redirect from an old site and not your current CMS you will want to select "Custom" under the Create URL rewrite dropdown.
Under "URL Rewrite Information" enter the following:
- Type: Custom
- ID Path: my-new-product-url
- Request Path: my-old-product-url
- Target Path: my-new-product-url
- Redirect: Select Permanent (301) or Temporary (302) -- Depending on type of redirect you are creating.
- Description: Write a brief description for reference.
Once you have saved the new URL redirect you will have to reindex the site for the changes to be applied immediately.
Navigate to SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT
Checkmark the "Catalog URL Rewrites" Index and click Submit.