Bookings are a great way to keep track of the classes that you want to offer to your customers and who's signed up. To add a booking to your site see instructions below:
Create a booking product:
- Navigate to CATALOG > MANAGE PRODUCTS
- In upper right hand corner select "Add Product" button
- Set the Attribute Set to "Default" and Product Type to "Booking/Reservation"
Set product details for booking:
- Under General Tab you will need to fill out the required fields: Name, Description, Short Description, SKU, Status, Visibility
- Under Prices Tab enter a base price for the course and select a tax class from the dropdown
- Under Images tab, browse your files to add an image of the class you are offering. Select all three radio buttons.
Under the Booking tab set the following:
- Quantity - defines maximum number of reservations for a single period;
- Date from - defines the date the product can be booked from. Leave empty to set no restrictions;
- Period type - defines the period a product can be booked for:
- Date and time.
- Date to - defines the date the product can be booked to. Leave empty to set no restrictions;
- Time from - defines the time the product is available from for booking on a particular date;
- Time to - defines the time the product is available to for booking on a particular date;
- Billable period - defines if the customer should be charged for booking days or hours (works in conjunction with Period Type);
- Shipping - if enabled the shipping charges will be applied to this bookable product at the checkout;
- Multiply options - defines how the product's custom options (if any) price should be calculated:
If enabled the custom option's price will be multiplied on a number of days/hours booked.
Total = booking_price * qty + custom_option_price * qty
If disabled custom option's price will be added once to the total.
Total = booking_price * qty + custom_option_price
- Exclude days - allows excluding particular days of the week from the booking schedule. The option comes with the following period types:
- Single day;
- Recurrent day of week;
- Recurrent date;
- Period, from-to;
- Recurrent period, from-to.
- Price rules - allows applying special prices for the dates specified. There are two types of Price rules:
- Fixed - this type allows applying fixed price for a date specified;
- Gradual - this type allows specifying the price interval that will be gradually arranged through the time interval specified.
Under the Inventory tab set the following:
- In upper right hand corner select the "ERP View" button.
- Stock settings - Set Use Default to "No" and Manage stocks to "No".
- Select "Save" button.
- Select the "Force Stocks Update" button.
Managing Your Bookings:
To quickly access all the booking orders store administrator can navigate to BOOKING > ORDERS.
This page represents a list of all orders (with the unique booking ID) placed for booking/reservation products.
With Product Details link it is possible to access details of a corresponding product.