The layaway add-on allows you to sell your products in installments. You can create multiple installment plans for different products. Each plan can have its own payment rules such as down payment, no of installments, time period and layaway fees.
To setup the layaway add-on for the site as a whole navigate to:
ADD-ON'S > LAYAWAY> SETTINGS
- Enable Layaway: Set to YES
- Enable Layaway for All Products: Choose whether or not you'd like layaway available for all products.
- By-Pass the login/register: Set to NO if you want customer to be logged in and registered before layaway is available.
- Select Allowed Payment Methods
If you'd like to change the labels shown on the frontend you are able to do it here.
- Enable Multiple Layaway Products for Checkout: If set to YES all products will use the global values for installments and period instead of the individual product settings.
- Charge Layaway Fee: If you'd like to charge a fee for layaway choose between "Per Product or Per Order". Choose settings for next 3 boxes as well.
- Product Price Mode: Fixed - if you always want a set amount for the initial payment. Percentage - If you want the initial payment to be calculated based on product price.
- Installments: Choose number of installments allowed, at what period, and how many periods they have to complete payment.
- Maximum Credit Per Order: The maximum amount of credit a customer can use to purchase a product using the layaway function. Any product with a price higher than your max credit setting won't have the option to choose layaway as a payment method.
To enter layaway information per product navigate to:
CATALOG > MANAGE PRODUCTS > SELECT PRODUCT > LAYAWAY TAB
Once you have found in the product in your catalog that you'd like to enable layaway for, and have opened it to the Layaway tab repeat Global Values settings for the individual product.
**Customers will be able to manage layaway purchases from their account dashboard once logged in.
Please note that you need to put in a value for "Maximum Credit Per Order." If you do not have a value in this option then your customer will be charged the full amount and not setup for installments. (See below)
Now you'll need to flush your cache, and reindex if you've applied the Layaway option to any products:
SYSTEM > CACHE MANAGEMENT. Select Flush Cache Storage at the top right of the page.
SYSTEM > INDEX MANAGEMENT. Select All, Submit next to Reindex Data at the top right of the page.